Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nada Surf: Lucky Review

Play this album loud. Really loud. And sing along. The album, released this year, is undoubtedly one of the most catchy, uplifting albums I have heard in a while. The album, Nada Surf's fifth full-length installment, features irresistibly catchy verses and choruses, beautiful yet subtle harmonies, and often whimsical and funny lyrics. Matthew Caws, lead singer and guitarist, brings the house down with a great voice. Daniel Lorca and Ira Elliot are great with pounding bass lines and drums. Each song is unique, bringing its own harmonies and/or counter melodies to the table (.e. "Beautiful Beat" and "See These Bones").
This is one of those few albums that can be listened to over and over and over. My only problem with the album is the song "The Fox", which seems slightly out of place with the rest of the album. It actually kind of scared me the first time I heard it--it's just that weird. But I'm starting to warm up to it.
"Lucky" by Nada Surf will go down as one of my favorite albums ever. I look forward to their next album!

9.8/10

Website

Myspace

"Whose Authority"

No comments: