Friday, October 31, 2008
Hayden's Country Wisdom
By Smorgasborg Country Correspondent Hayden Holbert
1. Pick your corn before tassel turns dark brown.
2. Make sure you properly dry your hay before you put it up.
3. If you find that you can't get your diesel tractor started in the winter, try a glow plug.
4. When planting any kind of squash by a start, make sure that you don't plant too early. Definitely a week after first frost.
5. Remember to put good heart in your soil by spreading manure or organic matter on, either after you harvest, or in the early spring.
6. If you just can't get your goat to go where you want it to, try making a sound by putting your lips together and blowing out, as if you were playing a trumpet. The goat will surely go where you want.
Come visit my farm in Wisconsin, AVROM FARMS. Fresh, local, and naturally grown produce is what we're all about.